Why to Hydrate?
Hydrating your body is necessary because water helps our body to clean itself from the inside. With the help of water our body flushes out all the unnecessary and toxic substances in the form of sweat and urine.
What Factors Does Your Water Needs Depend Upon?
The proper amount of water you need to keep yourself hydrated will vary from person to person. It will depend on various factors like weight, age, sex, health etc. Let’s discuss these:
The amount of water you should consume every day also depends on your weight. You can calculate the amount of water you should consume by knowing your body weight, you can follow this formula:
1. Your weight (in pounds) and divide that by 2.2.
2. Multiply that number depending on your age: Younger than 30, multiply
by 40. Between 30-55, multiply by 35. Older than 55, multiply by 30.
3. Divide that sum by 28.3.
4. Total ounces of water to be consumed each day.
For example, if you weighed 160 pounds over the age of 55.
160 ÷ 2.2 = 72.72
72.72 x 30 ÷ 28.3 = 77 ounces of water everyday.
Understanding Your Body
All you need to do is observe your urine, if the colour of your urine is light yellow or colourless that means your body is properly hydrated.
Tips to Keep Yourself Hydrated
- “Carrying a water bottle with you wherever you go”, is a good habit your body will thank you for.
- If you think normal water is boring you can always make a detox water. For making detox water you can always add a slice of lemon and mint or a slice of orange or sliced cucumber or any fruit for flavour. This will change the taste of water and you will enjoy drinking it.
- You can have beverages. Green tea is also a healthy drink to have as green tea hydrates your body as well as it helps in detoxifying body. Adding green tea to your routine can do wonders.
- We also get a lot of water from food and fruits that we eat. We can eat fruits with high water content like watermelon or muskmelon and vegetable like Spanish to keep body hydrated.