Therefore, eating adequate amounts of protein helps you maintain your muscle mass and promotes muscle growth when you do strength training. Here are two protein rich recipes that will help you in your muscle gaining process.
1. SHRIMP SCAMPI
Cooking time: 15 mins
Protein content: 33.1g per serving
- 1-pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste, crushed.
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped.
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated.
2. Spicy Sesame Zoodles with Crispy Tofu
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4-6 zucchini
- Sesame seeds and scallions for topping
Once done, switch off the flame. Spiralize zucchini and toss with ¼ cup of sauce per serving. Add tofu, sesame seeds and scallions. Our spicy sesame zoodles with crispy tofu are ready to serve.