The main reason that people are unable to fight back with COVID-19 is their weaker immune system. In this time of corona crisis, it is important for us to know how to boost our immune system to help fight COVID-19, as researchers say people who are unable to recover from COVID-19 are the ones with weaker immune system like elderly people.
Also, our irregular lifestyles before the attack of COVID-19 has played an important role in developing our immune system. But this does not mean that we cannot improve it now, so today let’s discuss some ways to improve our immune system.
Foods to Include in Your Meals:
- Broccoli– Broccoli is rich in Vitamin A, C and E and is loaded with lots of antioxidants and fibres. Broccoli is one of the healthiest veggies to add to your diet. You can steam broccoli and add it to your salad for building a stronger immune system.
- Garlic – Garlic has powerful properties. It can help wipe out bacteria and viruses from our bodies. Garlic is rich in calcium, potassium and has 100+ sulphuric compounds. Garlic can be added in soups or vegetable that we cook either at the end as a garnish or we can sauté it with our veggies. But it’s said that we should not overcook garlic as it can lead to destroy its properties.
- Green Tea – Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can help us fight numerous diseases. During this time of COVID-19, we will advise you that if possible, drink green tea twice to boost your immune system.
- Papaya – Papaya loaded with Vitamin C and Antioxidants is an immune booster. You can add it to your breakfast table or evening snack. Papaya also contains potassium, Vitamin-B, Folate and Vitamin- A.
Supplements to Boost Immunity:
Vitamins and supplements can help fill in the gaps in your diet. During this time to fight back COVID-19, you can use supplements to boost your immunity. Usually, while taking supplements its best advised to consult your dietitian or doctor. But also, I will list out a few supplements that can help you boost your immunity:
- Vitamin C: Supplementing Vitamin C can help fight flu and other diseases. Also, Vitamin C boost immunity. Vitamin C tablet of 500mg is effective for boosting immunity.
- Vitamin D: For supplementing vitamin D, cod liver oil tablets can be used. Deficiency of vitamin D can increase the risk of getting an infection, including flu. Therefore, in this time of increasing COVID-19 infected people take care of your body a sufficient amount of Vitamin D.
- Protein: Protein is made up of amino acids, and amino acids are used as fuel for the immune system. They play an important role in supporting immune functions of our intestinal cells. Hence, not getting enough protein can be a cause of weak immunity and a higher risk of developing the disease.
Exercise for Healthy Immune System:
Yes, you heard it right, exercising can help you develop a strong immune system. Adding exercise to your daily routine can help you fight COVID-19
Not only COVID-19 but also exercising helps to improve cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, helps control body weight, protect against a variety of diseases, promoting blood circulation and also in fight infections like COVID-19.
Bonus: Ginger-Green Tea Recipe
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Green Tea.
- Grated Ginger
- Mint Leaves (Optional)
Recipe– Add all the ingredients to boiling water. You can add sugar as per taste best if avoided. Sieve your tea in a cup. And your tea is ready. For best results, drink twice a day.
So, after all the discussion, I can suggest you one thing that a healthy immune system can be achieved by the combination of a proper and balanced diet, supporting supplements and regular exercise.
Here we come to the end of this, hope you all stay healthy and safe and we will be coming up with new information for keeping you healthy. Till then, stay connected.